This recipe is from Karen Herrington, owner of Absolutely Delicious & Gluten Free, a home bakery, and author of the cookbook, “Abundantly Living Gluten Free.” I chose to share this recipe with you because it was so delicious and easy to make, even for non chefs!
I may have to repost this in October in time for Thanksgiving and the holidays, but this is so easy to make I couldn’t resist sharing it now! Pumpkin pie is a favorite of mine and my family’s, so finding a gluten free version has been a definite plus! It’s perfect and although I made this over the weekend, I cannot wait until Thanksgiving so I can make it for our entire extended family as well!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (12-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- Combine all ingredients and mix in blender at low speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream using brown sugar to sweeten.
See? Easy as… well easy as pie! If you tried this recipe, let us know how it turned out! Did you tweak it to make it your own? Did you not care for it? We want to know!