Does your lipstick bleed or vein? Do your lips “shrink”? Priming your lips helps numerous lip complaints…
Benefits to using a lip primer:
- fills in the crevices of your lips so the color can grasp every inch of skin, instead of sinking into them – causing a “shrinking” effect
- helps your lipstick last even longer by absorbing excess moisture that would otherwise evaporate (like saliva which prevents lipstick from lasting)
- blends the color of your face to your lip line – creating a seamless effect – and eliminating color bleeding
- masks the color of your lips so that the lipstick color (especially light colors) can really POP!
- provides a great base for your lipstick to really cling to
Try multi-tasking your foundation or face powder as a lip primer!
After massaging a moisturizer (like Rallye Balm) deep into your lips, and wiping off excess moisture – spread a light coat of your foundation or powder over your lips. Then apply your favorite shade of Red Apple Lipstick (bonus: it’s naturally long – lasting) – and va-va-voom!!
Want to make your lipstick last longer? Now, we know that Red Apple Lipstick already has great staying power. However, using a primer before you apply your lipstick will help your lipstick stay on even longer! All you need to do is apply your foundation over your lips. I do this when I am putting on foundation on my face; I just make sure to apply it on my lips as well. Foundation makes a great instant primer for your lips. One of the reasons this works is because the foundation absorbs any excess moisture on your lips to prevent evaporation (the bad kind of moisture like saliva which prevents your lipstick from lasting).
Another benefit of using your foundation on your lips is that is helps blend the color of your face into your lip line, making a seamless effect.
Try it today. I think you will be amazed at how well this works!