Want to do something completely different and decadent this summer? I have found the perfect weekend getaway that celebrates gluten-free gourmet food. When someone is diagnosed with celiac disease, they may feel as if food will no longer fun or they will have to give up foods they love. That is definitely not true! Check out this gluten-free event which is being held June 21-24, 2012.
It does leave from New York City, so you will have to make your way there first. Leaving from NYC, you will be taken to Plymouth, Vermont to spend three nights at Good Commons, a relaxing retreat and vacation home. Vermont is a beautiful state, if you have never been there, this is the perfect opportunity to do so.
Prices for this trip range from $500 to $700 depending on the accommodations you want.
Included in this package are the following luxurious amenities:
- Round-trip transportation on The Good Bus (NYC only)
- 3 nights lodging at Good Commons
- All meals, snacks & beverages as outlined in itinerary, prepared by on-site private chef
- 4-course dinner with wine pairings featuring sommelier Kristen Siebecker
- Optional yoga classes, gluten-free cooking workshops, and local excursions
- Massage by on-site certified massage therapist (additional charge)
The bus leaves at 6:15pm and includes a light dinner and drinks. The itinerary for the weekend includes yoga classes, cheese tasting excursions, evening fireside roundtable meetings, hike at Calvin Coolidge State Park, and much more.
This promises to be an enriching weekend and will rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit. This is the culinary adventure you have been waiting for; perhaps the romantic getaway you have been craving. For more information click here to see the Good Commons website.